msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Making contacts

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Irvin Lichtenstein" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Making contacts
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:42:57 -0500

I have had one such reply from a Pony Club officer who didn't understand
that by placing her information in the US Pony Club directory people might
want to contact her.

SEPASAR does not have a web presence because somebody parked on the obvious
URL-- SEPASAR.ORG with a dummy SAR directory page. We did open a Hotmail
account to use for events or other junk mail attractors, we list a real
person with Volunteer Match and similar services.

Besides public directories I have found that by contacting the EOC/9-1-1
center director you can usually get listed contacts if a unit is recognized.
If they don't give it to you they forward your request to the unit.

Irv Lichtenstein