msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Posting to msar list

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Mjacksonz@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Posting to msar list
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:15:30 EDT

Una - Thanks for the quick reply.

We are in central Missouri - afiliated with the Morgan County Fire District. Last Friday the fire chief gave us 18 of us training in how SAR works.   The next day we had training in GPS useage and then did practice grid searches with our horses and some of us as walkers.  We are getting orange vests printed with our logo and tonight I just finished the phone grid for callers and an initial eqipment list.  We will meet again on Dec 2 to work on organization etc.

Our Vet is also the fire chief  - when he and I discussed the need for MSAR -and set a time for the initial training and gathering of people, I had no idea