msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mules for MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Jorene@CEOates.com, Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: eric.thompson@opkansas.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mules for MSAR
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:12:54 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for all of your helpful responses and resources.  I did not know we had a draft and mule club in KS, but we tend to limit ourselves by staying with what we are familiar with!  I have enough to go on and am not worried about considering one I found for sale not far from home.  One of the many things working with horses has taught me is my best or most reliable mounts were not always stunning to look at, but the way they took care of me or our children was more important and made them beautiful to us.  You are also right that good conformation helps with soundness and functionality and we would have to invest in a bunch of new tack if we go with a mule.
 Dana Snyder in KS