msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mules for MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mules for MSAR
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 01:29:02 -0700

I know MSAR riders who swear by their mules. These are the same folks who head into the deep backcountry riding a mule and leading a string of mules … and if there is a horse they may be packing the horse and riding the mule. On conformation alone the mules have more endurance than horses, but the key is to ride a reliable mule (just like you need to ride a reliable horse) and have a positive relationship with that animal.

Jorene Downs

SAR & CERT

Mounted SAR

www.ceoates.com/msar