msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] potential new group in southern Ohio

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lola Brohard" <miss.lola.b@gmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] potential new group in southern Ohio
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 15:57:43 -0500

I do know about the Ross group. I have tried to contact them via their numbers on the web site and through email with no return communication.
I have a great deal of interest here. We plan to have 3 person teams and enough paramedics and nurses have expressed an interest to join. We all have our own gear with the exception of radios. Many local firefighters and police officers ride and will help with imput. We will not however go after "the armed and dangerous".
Again, thank you.

Lola

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Una Smith <una.smith@att.net> wrote:
Lola Brohard wrote:
>Hello. I'm in Jackson County. We would cover Jackson and the 6 surrounding
>counties if needed.

Hi Lola,

Looking at a map, I see Jackson County OH is in the southern tip of
the state, and the surrounding 6 counties are Ross, Pike, Scioto to
the west and Vinton, Gallia, Lawrence to the east.  Do you know Ross
County has an MSAR unit?  From their website they seem to be active.
The next closest MSAR unit seems to be the new one in Mason County,
Kentucky.

See http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/ for links to their websites.