msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] cougar sightings

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Thor Burfine" <thor@kelbysoft.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] cougar sightings
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:45:14 -0500

One advantage we have as SAR members, if we are in good with LE is that
we can ask for an exemption while in areas.

Here in Texas our State Parks are a mix of No Carry and Carry even though we are a shall issue State.

All I ever do is tell LE I plan on carrying in the park. I have never had one say no.
I did have a park ranger have a hissy fit, but as soon as I explained what we where doing
and the LE said it was ok he backed off and had no issue with it.

I am just glad that I have never needed it.