msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Great Safety Equipment article in Feb. 2007 Perfect Horse by John Lyons and one by our own Irv

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Great Safety Equipment article in Feb. 2007 Perfect Horse by John Lyons and one by our own Irv
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 07:23:03 -0700 (PDT)

While scanning this old Feb. 2007 edition, I found on pg. 54 some of the most straight-forward safety clothing info. yet.  I had not thought of using the English answer to tapaderos for foot warmth and safety for example.  I have an old eventing body protector vest, but don't often wear it as it is hot and a little cumbersome.  It is wise to bring it depending on the terrain and circumstances...  I just remember how painful rib and other fractures are!

The other pearl in this issue is on the last page, and is a well-written article by Irv Lichtenstein on the Coggins test. Irv, am I on your list for a CD?  Have a nice Holiday weekend!

IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN <ilichten1@verizon.net> wrote:
Nine of the requests for CD’s were shipped out and should have arrived by now.  The PDF file starting with sfx should be the first one read.