msar-riders - [MSAR] DID NOT SEE IT COMING....

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] DID NOT SEE IT COMING....
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:35:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [MSAR] Neck protection equipment
To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>

Karen, the only thing I know of is what is used in the NFL.  What
players wear looks pretty cumbersome and is likely used to prevent necks
from snapping backwards.  It is a good idea and I don't know how useful it
would be if a rider came off and their head was forward.  The neck
guards would be at most athletic supply places.  Let me know what you think
and if these just take getting used to.    I do not know if they limit
visibility for SAR work.  Dana