msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] biohazard clean-up

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Dave Krueckeberg" <dkrueck@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] biohazard clean-up
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:56:53 -0500

hydrogen peroxide will help take out the stain and nuetilize the bad stuff you find in blood. I use it quite often when i work ems.

From: "pooh22tigger23@netzero.net" <pooh22tigger23@netzero.net>
To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 08:06:20 GMT

If you are looking for something to kill the virulli on skin before you wash the clothes, you could use any alcohol based foam cleaner. We use it in the ER where I work and if used properly, it kills the viruses and bacteria. I would not recommend using it on an open would however as it would cause extreme pain. As far as killing the germs on the clothes, as long as you wash them in HOT water, you will kill any germs. I was told that the two chemicals I mentioned before would remove any stains. If you have any further questions, I would be glad to ask around here at work to get the inside scoop.
Mellissa