msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New members hello

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR Maintainer <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New members hello
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:19:28 -0400

James Gaar wrote:
>No I just thought there was a national MSAR Org.

MSAR is an international albeit rather US-dominated community,
but it is not yet represented by any formal organization. That
takes money, time, and effort by people with expensive skills;
and MSAR is a very small speciality within SAR.

So my personal view is that creating a formal organization is
something we should do only if we cannot function without one.