msar-riders - [MSAR] New Mexico MSAR loss of a horse

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org, MSAR-NM@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] New Mexico MSAR loss of a horse
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:19:52 -0600

A New Mexico SAR mission 6 weeks ago ended in a tragic accident
for one MSAR pair: the rider injured and the horse dead. I was
only marginally involved in the mission, but I have been hearing
and thinking a lot about what happened. The August 2006 issue
of The Horsemen's Voice, page 4, reprints a brief outline of the
accident, by the rider's wife. The publisher has kindly given
an "offprint" and permission to post it in the MSAR web archive:

http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/dox/Adams2006.pdf

Condolences:

Jim Adams
c/o