msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New Mexico loss/invalid email? Heat info.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New Mexico loss/invalid email? Heat info.
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 22:17:42 -0700 (PDT)

I was just going to send a note to the home address listed. I agree with the
heat and other factors that each individual horse/rider team must know their
limitations or be watching for signs of dehydration/stress. The person in
charge would of course also make a call if safety of the team were at risk.
In field work on foot we try to keep the team to no less than 4 persons if
possible. Does this also apply to MSAR?

Do you need any resources for heat-related information?
epa.gov/heatisland/about/heatresponseprograms.html is technical, but can be
downloaded and has good information esp. on pages 10-11, 16-20, 24-25 and 40.
I have written simpler version of my own for our squadron.

Thanks for all the tips about herding cattle and horses for a "greenhorn".
I now can wear a bandana over my nose with understanding or to protect my
ears and neck.

Pennbo <pennbo@bbv.net> wrote:
Also, does anyone have a correct email address for this person? I tried
the one listed with the article but it was not good.

Thanks,
Chris Pennington