msar-riders - [MSAR] WEBHOSTS

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] WEBHOSTS
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:46:18 -0400

[Deleted HTML duplicate. -Una]

Here is my current list of freebie webhosts for those looking for a place to
host a website that is free. I have added my personal opinions of each site
as I rate them for a person such as myself who has little expertise in
computers and formatting etc.
Most of the sites allow for photo posting, however they may limit the
number you can post for free or you might have to buy into an upgrade. If
anyone has more to add to the list, please send it on to me at my inbox. I
will update teh list in the future and please add your comments if you have
used the host so we can have an idea of the site hosts functions and ease.

ANGELFIRE - recently recommended, however, I personally have not checked it
out

BOARDHOST - again, a new referal that I have not checked out
http://www.boardhost.com/

BRAVENET - this host in my opinion is excellent in it's free perks and
format, it is simple for the less geek minded like myself to follow. They
seem to be always upgrading their freebies and software and is one of the
larger freebie hosts available.
I have used it and yet to run thier space out in their alloted hosting..
They also offer up grades that you can buy if you do not want host
advertising. They have nice add ons for links, posting advertisements,
forums, e-letters and much more.
www.bravenet.com

FREEWEBS.COM - very similiar to BRAVEHOST
www.freewebs.com

FREESERVERS - this is a newbie to me, I ahve not used it yet
www.freeservers.com

MSN - they are fine for group discussions, blogs and linking although I
have noticed a considerable amount of adware can come in.

TRIPOD - new referal, have not used

YAHOO - GEOCITIES - I find Geocities a difficult site to use, but there
again that is based on my personal opinion, I am no expert in computering and
at my level of knowlegde I find problems in using this facility

WEBSPAWNER - not bad for a freebie place to do document type items...as for
their other perks, I have not tried them. Like most hostsites, they charge
additionally for upgrades www.webspawner.com

K. Nesbitt
Illinois - Unaffiliated
Iroquois County

VISIT US AT:
http://kbefarms.bravehost.com/index.html
Join in our NEW FORUM
Sign our GUESTBOOK
Place a FREE CLASSIFIED!
BLOG ON:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/kbefarms/

  • [MSAR] WEBHOSTS, Karen Nesbitt, 07/28/2006