msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Green horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Green horses
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:17:39 -0400

All MSAR Teams should require all horse and rider teams to pass skills evaluation. Regardless of the color ribbon red, green, or plaid, no horse or rider combination can participate in any training event [much less a mission] without first passing an entry level examination.

Tomi`
TrotSAR. .
LAURI STRUVE wrote:

But let's step back and ask ourselves this: Does a green horse
and/or green rider belong in any MSAR activity? Training, mock
search, or actual life-and-death mission?

I would say if a horse needs a red ribbon, I.e. is a kicker... they have no place in SAR, where horses may be crowded, and non-horse folks are milling around who most likely don't know what that red ribbon means.