msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR in Sanders County, Montana

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR in Sanders County, Montana
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:34:52 -0600

Mary Lou Johnson wrote:
>We are located in Sanders County, Montana.

Wow, at long last an MSAR contact in Montana! Montana has
abundant MSAR resources, but you are all but impossible to
contact from far outside Montana.

Please tell us more about your team, unit, whatever applies.
How many people. Paid or volunteer. How often your group
is called out to search. Primary function (eg, many county
sheriff's posses run the county rodeo). Name. How long in
existance. Administered by yourselves or by your sheriff's
office. Etc.

Re your original query, how exactly to evaluate performance,
I will let members of TROT-SAR in Maryland explain how they
do it, since you have adopted their evaluation form.