msar-riders - [MSAR] intro

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: kkmoonshadowrnch@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] intro
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 06:47:45 -0400

Hi all, I think I am finally an official member of this list. Thought I'd
give a quick introduction. I recently joined the Peninsula Mounted Search &
Rescue. I live in McKenna, of Pierce County, WA. Nick is my main riding
horse presently. He is an 8 year old Anglo-Arabian gelding that I bred. He
was orphaned when he was 6 weeks old, although in reality, it was from about
3 days old as his mom was very sick after he was born. So in some things
he's a little bit spoiled. We have been riding Competitive Trail and
endurance for the last 4 years. All together we have a little over 1000 of
competitive miles and many more conditioning miles. I also have Mia, a 5 y/o
daughter of Nick's and Chance, a 4 year old son. Mia has been pretty well
started but still needs a conditioning base put on her and Chance will
hopefully be started this fall after our competition season is over. I am a
Registered nurse and I currently work in IV Therapy in Olympia, WA. Nick & I
love riding in the wilderness and I think we will really get a lot of
personal satisfaction in helping with mounted rescue. We recently attended
our first training and I learned a lot about working with maps, radios and
GPS's. Looking forward to being a member of this list.

Kathy & Nick
Moonshadow Ranch
McKenna, WA