msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Leadership problems

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Leadership problems
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:56:12 -0600

Ian Vowles wrote:
>Your correspondent implied the head director can dismantle the present
>organization - therefore a fresh start highly likely best course,

Agreed, *if* in fact the head director has that power. More
specifics concerning this point would be helpful. There is
a large difference between having a power and pretending to
have that power.

FWIW, the self-styled head director (the founder) of a SAR
unit once told me he would dissolve the unit before he would
let its members have their way. Well, a few months later he
was removed from power.

Una