msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] use of a man Tracker

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] use of a man Tracker
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:24:01 -0700

Fernando Moreira may be the instructor in NV you're thinking of. He also teaches Mounted Tracking.
www.nevadatrackers.com

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar
Tulare-Kings CERT
www.tk-cert.org

----- Original Message ----- From: <pennbo@bbv.net>
I have been interested for awhile in learning to track from horseback.
There is an instructor out of the Las Vegas area i believe, who will do
the training. We have a unique perspective because of the heighth above
ground. You can always dismount to get fine details and specifics. We
used the basic techniques during one search and were on trail of a lost
hunter. We were only about 20 minutes behind him when he found his way
to a road and was picked up! Happy conclusion for him, good training for
us- also validation that it can, can does, work to track from horseback.

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR