msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] use of a man Tracker

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] use of a man Tracker
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:48:14 -0600

This google search:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=tracking+search+rescue&num=10&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=course+clinic+training&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

Produced over 500,000 hits, and on the first few pages of hits there
were several good candidate resources for training in man tracking.

Tennessee Emergency Management Agency courses Basic Visual Tracking
(24 hours) and Advanced Visual Tracking (40 hours)
http://www.tnema.org/Training/SAR.htm

Introduction to Human Tracking for Search and Rescue Volunteers
- Use freely for any not for profit purpose
http://theforagerpress.com/adk/mantrack.htm

Tom Brown, Jr.'s TRACKER SCHOOL
The World's Largest Tracking, Nature & Wilderness Survival School
https://www.trackerschool.com/CourseSR.cfm
(I took a tracking course with Tom Brown 20 years ago; it was an
incredible learning experience and I still have my notes.)

Joel Hardin Professional Tracking Services
http://www.jhardin-inc.com/

Universal Tracking Services
http://utstrackingservices.com/

...and so on.

A very useful feature of Google, and probably also other web
search engines, is the "similar pages" links below each hit.
This helps you isolate the kind website you are looking for,
once you find one.

Una