msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Raskin, Larry" <RASKILE1@APLMSG.JHUAPL.EDU>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Helmets
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:46:17 -0500

Hi Folks,

I agree that helmets are a good idea (yes Suzanne if your reading but I
still prefer my normal cover). They are a great place to mount your
radio antenna. Suzanne has the picture (can send it if you are
interested). I made mounts for several of our team members. This
improves both receive and transmit as the antenna is not on your side.
They might even make a team look more professional.

I contacted Troxel about a discount plan. From Troxel, they offer the
SafeTech helmet to non-profits for $20.00 each if ordered one at a time
or $15.00 each if ordered in bulk (10+). I assume these are white but
you can always make a cover to go on them (covers are a requirement for
winter riding). I do not know how big a file I can post but I have the
form in a .pdf file. If you want the form, send me a request and I will
send it to you directly or you can contact Troxel at (800) 288-4280 and
ask about Safetech Equestrian program for non profit organizations.

Just fuel for the fire,

Larry Raskin
TROT-SAR
TROT Search & Rescue Team http://www.trot-md.org/sar.htm

"Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em
"certainly, I can!" Then get busy and find out how to do it."
Theodore Roosevelt