msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Helmets
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:27:30 -0800

Ann,

I checked with the state DEM and Pierce County as well as checking the WAC
118 and 296. I find no requirement. I spoke to Chris Long at state and he
thinks it is a county policy from somewhere that has just been added to unit
SOPs over the years and has become a requirement for everyone via folklore.
I do however remember reading something that requires emergency workers to
wear appropriate safety equipment, but I can't find that either. Sorry I
couldn't do better.

Paul