msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Sue Baugher <sue@wpl.lib.in.us>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Helmets
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:44:48 -0600

Porter County Indiana just this last year went to helmets - they are required any time we are working (includes practices) as a division of the Sheriff's Dept. Until last year we wore the traditional western hats. The change was made when insurance carriers in our area starting looking into the possibility of not covering injuries that may have been prevented or lessened by a helmet if the rider was not wearing one.
Sue

Paul wrote:

Ann,

Washington DEM requires we wear helmets while operating under a mission number.

Paul Fleming
PMSAR
Pierce County

----- Original Message ----- From: <QUINCYDEW@aol.com>