msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Open Minded Skepticism

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Open Minded Skepticism
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:24:00 -0700

Hal is new to MSAR-Riders, and he is in for a shock, because
we are not your typical mounted SAR volunteers. Are we? No!
I think for all of us, myself included, this list has been
an eye opener, a loud wake up call, a gust of very fresh air.

It is truly humbling to realize, from others' comments here,
my own shortcomings and inexperience. Now you may think to
yourself "Una inexperienced? Nah." but in many respects I
am deeply ignorant. I have not experienced everything, and
I never will; it is not possible (I am not God). All I can
do is learn as fast and as much as I can, and try to put to
good use all that I do learn.

I depend on *you* to teach me.