msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Improving MSAR part 3

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Orendoff@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Improving MSAR part 3
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:25:32 EDT

The horse is a multi sensory search tool with extraordinary scenting and hearing abilities.

So where do I find information on training a horse to SENT TRACK ..... my dog is great at it and LOVES to do it .. My horse on the other hand won't track down anything unless it happens to have a pocket full of oats...I have heard a lot about AIR SENTING .... but very little on HOW It is TAUGHT...

Oregon
Silas

I'm sure I can train him but would like to hear how other people go about it ... before trying!