msar-riders - [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 2

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Terry Nowacki" <wwfarm@wiktel.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 2
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:14:50 -0700

Improving MSAR Part 2 ( Sorry folks I split this post up in order to make it go through.)

MSAR needs to be improved!

Most everything improves with time.

SAR has improved greatly over the last ten years thanks to technology. We now can rely on cell phones and GPS to help us out in our search effort.
 Most everything improves with time - The Olympics and sports are a excellent example.  The world had great athletes ten years ago but just when you think athletes are as good
as they can get, in many sports new records were broken again this
year.
I was training and showing horses twenty five years ago and there
were great competitors back than, but at the major competitions when I
compete nowadays the level of competition, training techniques and
caliber of horses has improved so much it is almost unbelievable. It
is comical to look back at old tapes and films and compare
competition from twenty years ago with today's. There are many show
trainers that were at the top of the heap 10 years ago which are
still training and showing today but many are now playing second
fiddle to the new breed of trainers. However, there are some old
dinosaur trainers out there that are still at the top because they
were the ones that never settled for the thought that the old ways
were good enough.

.Part 3 in next post.

TER