msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] End to a Long Search

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] End to a Long Search
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:34:10 -0600

TER wrote:
>Trouble is I can not describe it because I do not know
>whether I am happy or sad.

We understand; anyone who does SAR for very long knows
the complicated emotions that come when a subject is found
dead. But it is far better to find the subject than not!
There is an unresolved search near Santa Fe that is still
on our minds, and it crops up frequently in conversation
among those who have searched over the years.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico