msar-riders - [MSAR] Uniforms that serve as SAR clothing

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Uniforms that serve as SAR clothing
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:10:45 -0700

Okay, I get the picture. I am glad *we* are not required
to dress for SAR missions like our State Police, in black
polyester clothes and vinyl shoes. Our polyester parade
uniforms (old Sheriff's Office uniforms) are nasty enough.

The *best* vest for mounted SAR that I have seen is from
Forestry Suppliers. They sell only to businesses so you
would need to order via your team or Sheriff's Office, but
the prices are reasonable: circa $30 for the more deluxe
blaze orange vests with many pockets and reflective tape
sewn on. Alas, their current online catalog does not have
this best vest, but I think that is a glitch: one vest is
described as having many pockets, but the photo shows a
vest with no pockets.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse