msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR in SAR and disasters

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR in SAR and disasters
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:01:30 -0700

Yes, this is good! And I know another MSAR group that has training in equine rescue and are called for horse trailer wreck extractions and such. In a disaster MSAR can potentially assist with large animal evacuation and rescue / extraction ... if they have the appropriate training and equipment for the particular task. A good collaboration is with local large animal vets who might already be involved with this kind of thing.

Those horse trailers - often pulled with a 4WD rig - can also be used to transport supplies into disaster areas ... assuming the trailer is pretty clean. <g> Or the towing rigs can haul other trailers with supplies.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,