msar-riders - [MSAR] G'day there

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul Kearney" <pakearney@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] G'day there
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:26:00 +0930

Hi, just joined the mailing list and thought Id drop a line and introduce myself. My name is Paul and I am 42 yearrs old. I am the Officer in Charge of the local police station and am also the unofficial training officer of the State Emergency Service mounted team. All our riders are volunteers, as I am, in the role of the "training officer" We have been used by various areas of our police for searching for crime scenes, land search for missing persons and public rrelations work for the State Emergency Service. When I first joined, our work load was very light, hardly getting called out, but now, due to pushing the team to other areas of the police and SES, raising the standards of the team and public profile, the work requirement has increased and we are being used for a greater number of land searches and also starting to work with out South Australian Police Mounted Operations Unit.
We are based in Kapunda, a small town in South Australia. I look forward to learn how things are done in your side of the world.
Regards
Paul

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. 30MB of storage on ninemsn Groups - great for sharing photos and documents. Click here http://join.msn.com/