msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] G'day there

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] G'day there
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:09:54 -0700

From: "Paul Kearney" <pakearney@hotmail.com>
> We are based in Kapunda, a small town in South Australia.

Glad to have you with us, Paul. It will be interesting to see what
similarities we might have, and what might be different. What kind of
terrain do you have in your region? And what might be a typical search?

We have a lot of variety represented here, which is great for sharing
knowledge. My own county goes from sea level on the valley floor to some of
the highest, steepest mountains in the USA, so our responses - and need for
different skill sets - can vary greatly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,