msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] training new horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Deb8562@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org (Mounted search and rescue)
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] training new horses
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:41:00 -0400

Hi Vince,
My name is Debbie Dooley. I am on an all volunteer SAR team in the
Bryan/College Station (Brazos County) area, I am currently working on getting
an MSAR unit up and going for our team. Have you checked into the horse
training that TUMPOT (The United Mounted Peace Officers of Texas) does? I am
working on getting at least one of my horses through this training. It is a
great amount of desensitization, they work to make the horses "bomb proof".
Their website is www.tumpot.org
If nothing else it looks like loads of fun and will work on the trust
relationship between horse and rider. Please keep me updated on how your
group is doing. Good Luck!
Hope this helps.
Debbie Dooley
MSAR Captain