market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heritage wheat, Facebook etc

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heritage wheat, Facebook etc
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 13:14:07 -0400

On Apr 8, 2016, at 4:55 PM, Wyatt Jones wrote:

 From my research I had concerns that the humid weather here wouldn't produce good bread wheat as there is quite a bit of evidence that Hard bread wheats grown in humid environments end up producing low gluten wheat similar to soft wheat that makes decent cake flour but not so great bread flour.

FWIW, I've had some very good bread made from flours grown in New York State. I don't know what strain the wheat was, though.

-- and I do think the Chevy truck problems material's relevant to the thread; I expect most of us have trucks, and if nothing else occasionally have to either fix them or decide what to get to replace them.