market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heritage wheat, Facebook etc

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heritage wheat, Facebook etc
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 19:19:07 -0500

NICE website there.

I'm sure glad I posted the other day and woke this place up.  Thank you all for coming back.

Mike

Missed everyone.

The heritage wheat has my ear as I have four Meadows mills and a whole flour mill of scourers, bolters and 'stuff'.  We got one of the 24" mills up a few weeks ago and it's grinding great.  There is a local mill up north of here and he wants us to get all our mills running, and the bolters, as he can't begin to supply local need.  He buys in organic hard red, soft white and some various heritage wheats and for now we get from him, almost at his cost.  He has an old mill cleaner that really does a job on wheat out of the field.  y Amish buddy is raising  Einkorn for this.  He has one of my mills at his place.  We ground corn first on it.  Regular old Farm and Fleet feed corn.  I gave some to a lady and she flipped out about the fresh flavor.  Made bread and grits/polenta out of it.

Making a stainless and wood bagging set up now.  Getting my self rising mixer, wooden, back from Alabama soon.  It's been in storage down there for several years, just haven't made the trip since I bought it.

Mike