market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] planting pawpaws!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] planting pawpaws!
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:25:54 -0400

Title: planting pawpaws!
Inch to half inch.  Placed outside.  Allowed to freeze in whatever polar vortex may come.  Transplanted whenever I have the free time to do so, which is why I prefer root bound over a tap root finding its way though a drain hole in the bottom of the pot.  I have yet to successfully transfer a pawpaw from the wild or grown in a pot where the tap root was cut even th smallest amount.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855