market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bother "important messages" -- let's talk planting pawpaws!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marlin Burkholder <burkholders AT glenecofarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bother "important messages" -- let's talk planting pawpaws!
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:30:42 -0400

Title: Re: [Market-farming] Bother "important messages" -- let's talk planting pawpaws!
It would be interesting to hear if anyone has started them from seed.  We got 2-year old seedlings and it has taken another 4 years until we got our first paw-paws.  We were warned that some paw paws are more bushy or/and don’t produce fruit.
Perhaps if you got native ones which are bearing fruit, they will bear for you.
Christine Burkholder
NW VA