market-farming - [Market-farming] Bother "important messages" -- let's talk planting pawpaws!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: GarlicGrower <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Bother "important messages" -- let's talk planting pawpaws!
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:47:33 -0400

Hi, Folks!

As long as the list is going to be full of “important messages,” let’s talk about something really important:  How to Plant Pawpaws.

A friend found an abandoned pawpaw patch here in Southeastern PA and shared his find with me so that we can plant them and have our own pawpaw patch.

Perdue says to plant the whole fruits.  An old-timer around here says to plant 3 in a hole.

What say the experienced pawpaw growers among us?

I’d like to plant the fruits tomorrow as I doubt they are going to last much longer, so thank you if you have time to chime into this discussion.

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm

75 Creamery Road