market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Question about exploding honey

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shoemaker, William H" <wshoemak AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Question about exploding honey
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 00:38:20 +0000

Another comment. Mead is honey wine, resulting from fermentation of the honey sugars by yeast. I make wines an have made several meads. They are really delightful wines, but they ferment a long time because of the complexity of sugars in honey. If you do a search on making mead you can learn more. I'm not suggesting you do it unless you really think its a good idea, but I thought it good to share this option.

Bill

William H. Shoemaker,

Northern Illinois Viticulturist - IGGVA

Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association

wshoemak AT illinois.edu