market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] farm WiFI

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: bobbett AT windstream.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] farm WiFI
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:21:17 -0500

Once choice is to run an line to an exterior structure and connect it to your router then broadcast wi-fi from a location more central to where you want it.  You can then set up a repeater or two.

Something like this:

Some of the numbers on the Davis devices are ranging out to 300 meters, which is pretty nice.  I would imagine that would vary per user.  They have lots of options with a lot of it being purpose built for field testing equipment and weather stations.

We've been kicking around the idea of doing this but right now our 4G connections on our phone do not require any addition infrastructure.  We are just now moving to set up an actual computer at the non-home office with a laser printer for invoicing.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855