market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] New Cooler Construction

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] New Cooler Construction
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:52:53 -0500

You will not find an AC guy who has heard of the Coolbot unless he's a farmer. I spent a lifetime in construction, have had my bot for almost three years and have talked it up a lot. No one but farmers has heard of such a thing.  Ac guys don't have cause to see such technology. There is nothing like it on the market.
Question Vern: Why so much work and materials for an insulated floor?  A slab with foam sheet goods and plywood on top of that  will give an insulated floor that will not sweat in the summer.
If I were building a bot from scratch I would probably have a heavily insulated wood floor with approach to threshold flush. for rolling cart.
On a separate note, I've had a dehumidifier  in there the entire three years. In Georgia, this keeps the AC from occasionally frosting over.
One last thing is it takes all of five minutes to hook up the bot and my space fell to 39 degrees in about 30 minutes after I turned it on.