market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] snapping tops off carrots

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] snapping tops off carrots
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 07:13:33 -0800

Sounds like a great way to plant! Probably good for parsnip, too? Do you weed them with the tractor or by hand? We harvested our carrots this year with a single tooth run next to the carrots planted in flat ground. I think probably not as good as your raised bed technique in our heavy clay, but better than a pitchfork.

Did you come up with a better way to top your carrots? We still have some in the shop to do, too.

Vern