market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] carrot storage through winter? sand question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Owsley <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] carrot storage through winter? sand question
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 15:28:20 -0500

You want playground sand for root storage.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM, alicia best <bestici AT hotmail.com> wrote:
Most of what I read said to put down a layer of sand and then a layer of carrots, easy enough.  So I went to Home Depot to buy sand.  Who knew there were so many types of sand?  Do I want play ground sand or all purpose sand or paver sand or silica sand (least expensive), does it matter?  Thanks, alicia in Vay, Idaho

--
Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm