market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tractor Tillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tractor Tillers
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:20:12 -0700

Don't expect anyone to repair it now. I have a Howard that I bought in 1974
and it is still going strong though I am terrified if a part breaks. Changing
a bearing or seal on a big tool like this requires a serious shop. Im a
farmer and I hate machine work so I don't mine sending repair jobs to a shop.
Just not very often. This week I rototilled 25 acres 4" deep without a
problem. The trouble with the Howard and probably any import is that you need
to buy parts from the maker. Even something as simple as a U joint has to be
custom ordered. BTW I rototilled tall cover crop a month ago and tilled under
a momma Turkey setting on eggs. I never saw her until it was too late. That
had to be one brave bird to stare down a Howard tiller... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ