market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Crop planning software

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Crop planning software
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:19:07 -0500 (EST)

Unfortunately, my version of Spouse rolls out the door at 5:45am and doesn't reappear until 6:15pm.  If I'm not done with daily work stuff by then, chores run late.  Definitely a wide variety of benefits, but not particularly helpful for "it's 2:30pm and I'm 3hrs behind and I'd really like a nap but darnit the chickens got into the east field again".  Hence the need for something from Excel, or elsewhere.  Perhaps this is how C3PO came to be.  I could definitely use some 'droids around here.  The two-legged and two-handed kind that could at least carry tools for me.  Or bring me some lunch in the field so that I could keep working.  And close the door behind the cats.  Or I could finally fire up that cloning lab I've always wanted........
Kathryn Kerby, wondering what it would be like to have multiple copies of herself
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html

In a message dated 1/26/2012 7:12:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, rrobinson AT nasw.org writes:
On 1/26/2012 at 10:08:28 AM, KAKerby AT aol.com wrote:
> Need a feature in Excel to shake the bed soundly in the morning,
> kick my butt outside even when its raining, have me do one more hour of work
> even when I'm cold and tired and hungry, and perhaps put an auto-drive-home
> feature in my truck so that I'm quick in town and don't linger.  Then as a
> bonus, shove me out the farm gate for a day off once in awhile whether I
> think I need it or not.

It's a program called "Spouse." Unfortunately, it can't be downloaded, and it requires
lots of maintenance to keep it running optimally, but it does come with a lifetime of
other benefits.

  Richard Robinson
  www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
  Hopestill Farm