market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Crop planning software

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Two Onion Farm <farmer AT twoonionfarm.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Crop planning software
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 07:08:15 -0600

I have one specific comment on interlinking lots of Excel worksheets within one file. If you have a number such as the number of CSA members which you would like to change in one place and then have the changes apply to lots and lots of formulas in the file, you should consider defining a "name" (such as NumberOfCSAMembers) for the one cell with the number of CSA members and then refer to that name in all of your other formulas. You can look up in the Excel help how to define and use names. It's pretty simple, it makes your formulas much easier to type and understand, and your formulas will stay the way you want them when you move, copy, paste, fill cells, etc.

Chris