market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] drip tape woes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Burke Farm <burkefarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] drip tape woes
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:04:16 -0400

Thanks for all your ideas. I have a 30 psi regulator in the
greenhouse, I can turn off some of the lines & try it in the field
tomorrow. If this works I'll just be turning valves more often, which
is better than having 1/3 of every row languish from lack of water.

A dedicated well for the plants & animals sure would be nice.. maybe
in a few more years. Really feel for those of you on municipal water
or in areas without an accessible aquifer- we're very fortunate here
in the midwest.

Once this water problem is solved I can go back to hunting the squash
vine borers with my pocket knife...

Lisa Burke
Farming Engineers LLC
z5 Central IN