market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wash area

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wash area
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:03:37 GMT

I can't say what would work best for you, but our wash area used to be in the
field, but once we got our walk in cooler, we moved the wash area close to
the cooler.
I'm able to pull my truck right up next to it. I like this because I have the
option of using the tailgate for boxing and sorting if I need to, and the
convenience of not having to carry anything very far.
I have a 100 gallon Rubbermaid tank that sits on pallets. Then 2 other
smaller ones that sit side by side. Then I have other pallets that I can put
the clean containers on to pack into. The whole set up makes a "U" shape.
It's small and only 1 person can be washing at a time, but it works. I'd like
it better if it were bigger (wider) so that 2 people could be working, but
then I'd need another person :) I use an old EZ up tent for shade, so all of
this is under that.
Hope this helps,
Carla, Perkins, OK