market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] parsnips Earthway plate

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynnn AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] parsnips Earthway plate
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 22:15:35 -0600

We have similar spacing problems on Planet Jr plates.  My neighbor just told me yesterday to mark the wheel with soapstone, measure the circumference, open planter, turn wheel two full turns to eliminate start/stop gaps/extras then figure your seeds per foot from that.   Will definitely be taking some extra time to check these things so we can eliminate the too thick/too think plantings that have been far too rampant here this year – even with our records from last year.

Marcy

SE Colo