market-farming - [Market-farming] irrigating vegetables from a stream

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Corbin <corbincdc AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] irrigating vegetables from a stream
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 20:07:17 -0600

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has experience irrigating vegetables from a stream.

Specifically:

  • Would you recommend not irrigating from this source because of food safety issues?
  • If it is an acceptable source, would you inject any cleaning chemical (we are transitioning to organic)
  • Where would you submit a water test? I live near Ames Iowa.
  • Any other resources or people I should talk to?
Thanks much,

Chris Corbin
641-780-5446
TableTopFarm.com

Facebook

  • [Market-farming] irrigating vegetables from a stream, Chris Corbin, 02/22/2011