market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cherry Sized Tomato

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cherry Sized Tomato
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:47:28 -0500

I love reisentraube also, but the past 2 years they have not sold very well.
Sometimes these get larger than what people want in a cherry tomato. Maybe
the weather, I don't know why. I like to have 3 or 4 different kinds of
cherry tomatoes. I like the various colors for my display. Last year was my
first year for Sun Gold and I will grow those again, as they sell very well
and people know them well. I like chocolate cherry, but they crack easily. I
also like lollipop,(yellow) but they crack easily also. Smaller ones
frustrate me as they take too long to pick.
Sue
Vermont