market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cherry Sized Tomato

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: growbd AT aol.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cherry Sized Tomato
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:42:06 +0000

My favorite cherry type heirloom is Reisentraube. It's a larger red cherry
-about an inch in diameter- with a distinctive pointed end. The flavor is
great, plants yield a lot, and it seems to resist cracking. I've only seen
it through Seed Savers Exchange.

I would love to find a good yellow pear. The one I tried a couple of years
ago from Johnnys cracked like crazy and had lousy flavor.

I'm a fan of Sun Gold too!

Deb